Should I Join a Beach Volleyball Team Near Me?
The short answer is yes. Beachvolleyball.com.au is dedicated to expanding the love for beach volleyball around the Sydney area. As the experts, we can tell you that playing beach volleyball is a fun and healthy way to stay active and improve your physical fitness.
Joining a beach volleyball team in Sydney can be beneficial for so many great reasons.
Centrally based, we have Manly beach volleyball and Maroubra beach volleyball, we are an open community welcoming all ages & skill levels for Volleyball in Sydney.
Why should I? I hear you ask…
- Beach volleyball is a fun and enjoyable way to stay active and improve physical fitness.
- Playing beach volleyball can improve cardiovascular health and increase muscle strength and endurance.
- Beach volleyball is a social and interactive sport that can help to build teamwork and communication skills.
- Playing beach volleyball outdoors in the sun and fresh air can provide a boost to mood and overall well-being.
- The sport is a great way to improve hand-eye coordination and reaction time.
- Beach volleyball can be enjoyed by people of all ages and skill levels and can be played casually or competitively.
So What do I need to do to join?
Here are a few steps you can take to join a beach volleyball competition:
- Find a beach volleyball competition in your area: We have Manly or Maroubra.
- Determine the level of play: Our volleyball competitions are open to players of all skill levels, while others may have specific divisions for beginners, intermediate, or advanced players. You can click to just play for social comps, you can book a court or you can join a team based on your skill level.
- Register for the competition: Once you have found a competition that you would like to participate in, you will need to register by submitting your contact information and paying any registration fees so here is where you go for beginners, intermediate or private lessons.
- Find a partner: Beach volleyball is typically played in teams of two, so if you want to just book a court, you’ll need your own team, however, if you join our comps, we run this in a larger group so you can come solo!
- Show up on time: Be sure to arrive at the competition or course on time and be ready to play. In particular, comps cannot continue without the right number of players on the court so don’t be late!
- Have fun: Remember that beach volleyball is a fun sport, and the most important thing is to enjoy the experience and do your best.
- Not Sure What Level You Are? Please send us an email and describe your volleyball/beach volleyball experience as detailed as possible and we will happily invite you for a trial to be graded.
In summary, a volleyball club will help you improve your skills so it may be the first step in providing an opportunity for you to play a new sport competitively. Alternatively, you can come along just to meet new people and just have fun!
How to get in touch.
Where are we located?
Maroubra Beach – South End – Closest Parking is Bernie Kelley Drive, Maroubra NSW 2035
Manly Beach – North Steyne – Opposite the Manly Pacific Hotel, Manly NSW 2095.
Our friendly staff usually wear a bright blue and yellow t-shirt.
See you at the beach!