Social Events Manly
We are regularly running some exciting social events in Manly on top of our extensive Beginner and Squad program like Crossnet Games, King of the Court or other events.
Groups & Events
Social Events Manly
Our partner NBVA is in charge of running tournaments all year around for all levels, but to add even more fun to the mix of beach volleyball, we are regularly running social events.
Those events focus on game play in a different context than the usual 2 vs 2 and promise a lot of excitement while providing a competitive atmosphere. We are always coming up with news ideas to get sandy, so keep checking this page to make sure you don’t miss out.
Coach Marcelo regularly runs 60min Mega Crossnet Games for up to 10 players. It’s a popular session to work on your ball control and volleyball IQ.
Join competitive 90min of game play with rotating partners. Simple: 15min time slots of King of the Court, winners move up, losers move down.
We are running other events like exhibition matches, beginner tournaments and much more, sometimes in cooperation with our local partner NBVA.
In case we have nothing scheduled at the moment, please stay tuned. The next event will be there soon!
King/Queen of the Court - Game Play Session
Let’s do another round of our King of the Court Game Play Session, currently we are aiming for the following schedule, but things might change due to number of sign ups:
- Mixed Division: 10.45 – 12.30pm
- Depending on numbers we can add at 12.45 time slot.
It’s going to be an awesome day with lots of action and fun, so make sure you bring your esky and stay around for a bit afterwards.
- Sign up as an individual, we will rotate partners after each round
- Participation in the tournament will be on a first come first serve basis. We offer 40 spots per time slot.
- Please Use the same registration process as for a normal squad
- $27.50 per session
- Registration Deadline: Saturday 12:00pm
- Max. 8 players per court – Open division, f/f, m/m, m/f are possible team constellations
- Best of 1 point, next team in line serves as soon as point is over
- Points are awarded only for winning the point on the King side
- Missed serves do not count as a point for the King side, but the serving team loses their turns
- Servers must alternate
- Self-refereed games. If there is a dispute, it is an automatic replay in order to keep the game moving
- Starting courts will be assigned according to Bvb.com.au grading
- There will be 5 sessions of 15 min, with approx. 3-5 minutes of rest at court changes
- At the end of each 15 minute session, the top 2 players (1 Team) move up a court, bottom two players (1 Team) move down a court
- This needs to be a fast paced game, jogging to other side of the court, people standing by ready to play as soon as points are over
- Points to be kept track of by players on the honor system. It is suggested that each time a point is won, teams call out to the court how many points they have.
After each round players will have to fill in the “score sheet” and hand it to the tournament director who will award points to each individual player, which will be used to determine the King and Queen of the court.